Putting the Pieces Together
- School Counselor Rivendell Interstate School District
- Counselor in a Pediatrician's office
- School Based Clinician Woodstock VT and Windsor, VT
- Mental Health Counselor, H.C.R.S., White River Junction, VT
- Family counselor, The Family Place, Norwich
- B.A. Elementary Education Curry College, Milton MA 1973
- M.A. Family Therapy Antioch New England Keene NH 1993
- Advanced studies in School Psychology at Plymouth State University
- I founded Starseed Theater in 1992 and North Country Community Theater Teen Program, in 1994 to offer children and teens the opportunity to become part of a community of caring, and to find ways to shine their own bright light.
Children are often puzzling, but when they behave in unexpected ways they are telling us something important. Students who are struggling in school need a system of support to help them succeed. When families, schools, and medical practitioners all work together, the 'picture' starts to emerge. My experience as a family therapist and a school counselor gives me insight into what they are trying to tell us and how these systems can work together to support their growth. My advanced studies in School Psychology help me to assess origins of behavior and write positive behavior support plans.
I am a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor in Vermont. (LIC # 068-0000350) with a Family Therapy oriented Masters Degree at Antioch New England Graduate School in 1993, and advanced studies in School Psychology at Plymouth State. I earned a BA in Elementary Education at Curry College in 1973. Before 1993, I was an educator, a mother, a technical writer, and an enthusiastic community theater chorus member.
I am primarily strength based; oriented in cognitive behavior and narrative therapy practices. This means that I am looking for strengths in families and individuals, and the stories they tell about themselves which either utilize or undermine these strengths. Together we explore options for new stories and new behaviors.
When working on school success, part of my work is in the community because no child lives in a vacuum. This makes it possible to understand your whole child and how they interact with their environment. With your permission, I visit schools and talk with pediatricians. I want parents to be involved. As a team we can put the pieces together for your child for a brighter more successful future,
Committed to helping you and your child achieve your dreams
Noon - 7 PM
Noon - 8 PM